Your love, O' Lord ,reaches to the heavens, your
faithfulness to the sky...


Monday, May 11, 2009

It's The Small Things That Count The Most....

Today started out as any other day until my friend Heather called to see if I wanted to join her in a trip to Bellingham (a small city which is about an hour north of us). I gladly consented and we were on our way. As we drove, it dawned on us that Bellingham has the ONLY Chick-Fil-A in the entire state of Washington. We had to go! ( I know all of you Southerners out there understand why..) Anyway,turns out the store is actually on the Western Washington University campus there in Bellingham and getting to the Chick-Fil-A was a little bit more of a hassle than we originally thought. However, we did make it and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my chicken and waffle fries (with Polynesian and Bar-B-Q sauces of course) To commemorate the occasion, I took a picture of the Chick-Fil-A bag in which our food came:

See we really did go!


As Heather and I were driving, we talked about how Navy life in general has made us more appreciative of the small things in life. I mean before I moved here a trip to Chick-Fil-A, though great, would not have been as appreciated as it is now. I really believe the Lord has been teaching me a lot since I moved to Washington, and I think one of the things He has been showing me the most is how much He truly has blessed me and that I shouldn't take anything in life for granted.


So thank you God for good friends and good chicken!


Also, if you live around here and are dying for some Chick-Fil-A make sure and talk to either Heather or I about how to get to the restaurant in Bellingham. There are some things you need to know to save you some time and energy!

2 comments:

  1. That makes me sad for the Pacific Northwest that they do not know of the joy that is Chick-fil-A. Your trip sounded fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for cold chickfila at bible study. Y'all made my night!

    ReplyDelete