Your love, O' Lord ,reaches to the heavens, your
faithfulness to the sky...


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The End of An Era

3 years ago when I moved to Whidbey Island, I had the blessing of making friends with a wonderful group of ladies. Over time we bonded and shared tears, laughter, sorrows, and trials together. We have made it through multiple deployments, dets, and babies being born. It has been wonderful getting to know them but sadly, our time together is quickly drawing to a close as the Navy life has called some of us away from the group. So far, Katy and Sarah have left for greener pastures and next is Jenny(then me..AHHH!) This past Saturday we held a farewell brunch for Jenny in order to say our goodbyes. It was a bittersweet time but though I know Jenny is leaving us now, I am confident we will all run into each other again in the future since that just seems to be how the military life works!



Thanks Jenny, Joy, Heather, Shelly, Katy, Sarah, Dawn, Tree, Christi, Anne, & Whitney for being in my life! It's been such a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. This makes me tear up! I'm going to miss you so much! However, I am super excited about your shower on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am just now catching up with your blog- love all the updates! Oh, this era was the best. You know how in high school you thought you'd never have friends like that again? But then you met your college friends who you became even better friends with- and then you meet your navy wife friends who become your sisters. I don't want this era to ever end!! Miss you so much already Kim!

    ReplyDelete